Thought Leadership Built Around B2B Media Relations
and Content Marketing
NetSPI, the Minneapolis-based cybersecurity firm, wanted to raise its visibility – regionally and nationally – as a penetration testing and attack surface management leader. To do so, Maccabee developed a multi-pronged thought leadership initiative built around B2B media relations and content marketing.
Maccabee spearheaded a media relations campaign for NetSPI that generated more than 112 million media impressions in one year alone. Coverage spanned top cyber security trade publications including TechTarget and SC Magazine; national business media from Forbes to Inc.; and local media such as the Star Tribune, Twin Cities Business, and Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
Maccabee also raised the profile of NetSPI’s executives as industry thought leaders by collaborating on bylined authored articles for Cyber Defense and Credit Union Journal:
- 6 Ways to Prevent Insider Threats Every CISO Should Know
- 3 Ways to Reimagine Your AppSec Program
- Credit Unions Must Step Up Cybersecurity During Coronavirus
Finally, Maccabee guided content marketing strategies for NetSPI, ghostwriting e-books, blog posts and white papers. That content included:
- A predictions ebook that was downloadable from NetSPI’s website.
- A white paper introducing penetration testing as a service (PTaaS), a new offering by NetSPI. Written in four-parts, the content was offered to NetSPI Executive Blog readers and then as a downloadable, gated content piece.
- Numerous articles for NetSPI’s Executive Blog, including this conference recap, “Resiliency in a time of change,” this “The need to prevent insider threats” post that offered insights based off current events, and a post that offered counsel on “Building a security framework in a compliance driven world.”
A Recommendation from NetSPI
“Our partnership with Maccabee was transformative. We would not be where we are today without their support. From the get go, they have worked hard to understand our NetSPI brand, get to know our people, and generate the awareness we needed to drive our business forward. Their work does not go unnoticed by our leadership team and their knowledge of, and relationships with the Twin Cities media is unmatched. Whether they are writing media pitches, tackling complex content, writing awards nominations for our C-suite, or even supporting our sales team, the Maccabee team has stepped up to every challenge we’ve thrown their way. We would highly recommend Maccabee to any organization that is looking to get started with PR and evolve their marketing initiatives.”
Heather Rubash (VP of Marketing) and Tori Norris (PR Manager) at NetSPI