Dr. Joel Greenwald faced a marketing challenge in 2012, after he stepped away from a successful financial planning practice to found his own firm. The new practice would be devoted exclusively to the financial planning needs of physicians and dentists. As a former physician who had embraced a second career as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Greenwald had a special understanding of the financial needs of the medical profession. What he didn’t yet have was a powerful brand for Greenwald Wealth Management that would make it stand out from among all the other financial planning firms in Minnesota.
Enter the Maccabee agency, which helped Greenwald launch an integrated, multi-channel branding, social media and business development campaign that included:
- Placing a series of feature stories to position Greenwald as a national thought leader in magazines and online sites from Dental Practice Management and MedScape to Medical Economics and Physician’s Money Digest.
- Identifying Greenwald as the profession’s local financial expert through columns in the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Minnesota Medicine, and the Minnesota Medical Association Digital Rounds blog.
- Collaborating with creative director Glen Wachowiak on a series of print ads that revealed Greenwald’s inside knowledge of how physicians approach their wealth. Among the tongue-in-cheek ad headlines: ”You Know Every Bone In the Human Hand. . . But You Can Only Name One Mutual Fund.”
- Providing social media counsel and online content to maximize Greenwald’s visibility on LinkedIn, Google, Slideshare and doctor-focused network Doximity; and guiding use of Search Engine Optimization best practices to heighten Greenwald’s visibility on Google.
- Leading the redesign of JoelGreenwald.com (in collaboration with web firm Byte Technology) and guiding the creation of a 1.5-minute video (in partnership with videographer Show and Tell Media) to be displayed on the homepage to illustrate Greenwald’s expertise.
Results of Maccabee’s branding launch campaign for Greenwald Wealth Management were exceptional. Maccabee secured coverage for Greenwald in Forbes, Wall Street Journal and the New York Times, which sent traffic to Greenwald’s website soaring by more than 200 percent. “The public relations visibility I received from the Maccabee’s campaign was priceless,” says Greenwald today about the agency’s success in building his practice.