Minneapolis-based Maccabee Public Relations has an immediate opening for a Digital and Social Media Content Intern.
A six-month, part-time internship focusing primarily on tactical implementation of our Minneapolis PR agency’s online and social media assets including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and the award-winning MaccaPR blog. Other client service tasks may be assigned by account managers and may include client or agency research projects, internal agency administrative tasks, and assistance with agency or client websites and other digital marketing projects.
· Hours per week: Up to 20
· Could lead to a full-time permanent position, but not guaranteed
· Compensation: $10-$15/hour depending on experience
· Past internship experience preferred
Send a cover note and your resume to Executive Vice President Gwen Chynoweth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
· Current college student or recent college grad working toward or having completed a degree in marketing, public relations or communications
· Social media marketing savvy: Able to research, write and aggregate engaging content that is relevant to assigned social media marketing projects
· Demonstrated ability to write online content that is clear and concise, error-free and compelling to read
· Strong proofreading and social media communications skills
· An eye for design: Working knowledge of Canva or Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
· Familiarity with CMS platforms like WordPress and HubSpot
· A solid understanding of Google Analytics
· Responsible and reliable. Adheres to agency dress codes.
· Ability to proactively report to supervisors on progress of assigned tasks
· Willingness to learn how to perform social media marketing-related tasks required to successfully address client projects or agency needs
· Excellent time and project management skills
· Show imagination and creativity in creation and curation of content
· Attention to detail for all elements of every project assigned
· Work with social media team to research, write and aggregate social media posts for agency and clients.
· Proof, edit and layout blog posts; craft images as needed
· Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of assigned social media and blogging campaigns
· Stay up-to-date on cutting-edge social media and digital marketing trends
· Attend agency meetings as directed
· Perform client service tasks as directed by account managers
· Perform administrative and event tasks as directed by account managers or agency staff
A five-time winner of Minnesota Business’ “100 Best Companies To Work For,” Maccabee is a public relations and online marketing agency providing clients with exceptionally strategic and creative media relations, social media strategies, inbound/content marketing and corporate communications counsel from its headquarters in the North Loop District of downtown Minneapolis.